For 2.5 weeks I am traveling as a PT to the Dominican Republic with a group of 22 PT students and other professionals to care for patients. I will be with 2 of the students at Hospital de Los Ninos, a pediatric hospital.



Sunday, April 11, 2010

Creighton's ILAC (Institute for Latin American Concern) center where we are staying is beautiful! (Minus the misquitos). All of the instructors stay in casitas (little huts) with 2 people in each. There is a very pretty church and I believe that everything in it was handmade in the Dominican. The center has a little courtyard with a fountain in the middle and out back is a big grassy area with gazebos, a running track, a little weightroom, and a garden.

I love the coffee here...they make it very strong! And the weather is great! We have good food usually....a lot of rice and beans, eggs, salad, bread, yucca, pineapple, plantains, and mystery meat :)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...mystery meat...just like home. Yummy! I have been praying for your trip to be fruitful but I see your diet is taking care of that! Hope you had a good weekend. your ever lovin mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds pretty good. I've been missing dinner at your house. I might just have to stop by even if you aren't there :)
    I'm glad you're having a good time. My prayers are with you. -Tom

    ReplyDelete