For 2.5 weeks I am traveling as a PT to the Dominican Republic with a group of 22 PT students and other professionals to care for patients. I will be with 2 of the students at Hospital de Los Ninos, a pediatric hospital.



Sunday, April 18, 2010

This past weekend we went to Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic. We went out for a nice dinner Friday night as Creighton's thank you to us. It was SO good! We had a sample of different cheeses and breads for an appetizer. I had seabass with risotto, and we shared mango sherbert and tirimisu for dessert. We went out dancing that night and I learned how to salsa (the basic anyway). On Saturday, the students go on a tour of the city (I did it 2 years ago), and it is a tradition with the professionals to skip out and take a day trip to the beach. I was sure to cover with SPF 50, but it didn't matter too much because it was really cloudy anyway. But there was a very nice ocean breeze. Sunday morning we went to a bakery for breakfast and then to the market (mercado modelo). I found some things to bring back including a fun ring that looks like a shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment