For 2.5 weeks I am traveling as a PT to the Dominican Republic with a group of 22 PT students and other professionals to care for patients. I will be with 2 of the students at Hospital de Los Ninos, a pediatric hospital.



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Monastery and waterfall hike

This afternoon we took a trip to a Monastery where there are 8 monks. We sat in on one of their prayer services, then one of them talked to us about their place and what they do. They follow the Benedictan rule and a life of contemplative prayer. They have Mass every day, meet 7 times to pray together daily, and work in their kitchen and garden. Afterwards, we went on a hike outside the monastery, which is in the mountains. We hiked up through the river to end up at a huge waterfall. It is a very physically demanding hike to say the least! It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It refreshes your soul, and I think that there has to be a Creator! Pictures will follow, as I did not risk the life of my sister's camera on this hike and will get the pictures from the designated waterproof camera-taker :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having fun. You'll need a few days for r & r when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete