For 2.5 weeks I am traveling as a PT to the Dominican Republic with a group of 22 PT students and other professionals to care for patients. I will be with 2 of the students at Hospital de Los Ninos, a pediatric hospital.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hahahaha!

So as of last night, I did not yet have the chance to get Yogun Fruz at Bon....which for those that don't know is frozen yogurt with various combinations of fresh fruit blended in. It is the most amazing thing and I don't think there is anything that compares in the US. So a group of 4 of us went last night despite the pouring rain. We got soaked on the way, but this is how much we love Bon ice cream! When we left there, the streets were flooded and there was basically a river flowing where we had to cross the street. I was wearing flip flops and I lost one while trying to wade through! The water was moving fairly fast and was too deep for me to find it again. So I had to make my way on the guagua van half barefoot...good thing I got a tetanus shot before coming here! Luckily the guy in our group gave me a piggy back ride from the guagua to ILAC (still in the pouring rain) because it is a gravel road with debris in it. It was quite the trip (it was actually very fun!) and I'm pretty sure that was some of the best ice cream ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment